If you’re anything like me, your sweet tooth reigns over everything. Never will I choose a savory snack over a sweet one, ESPECIALLY if it involves cookies. Cookies have been my absolute favorite dessert since I was little, and still today I can’t resist a warm, gooey, chocolatey cookie fresh out of the oven.
Throughout my fitness journey, I have attempted to perfect tons of different “healthy” cookie recipes – and before you ask, I’ve made the oats/peanut butter/banana cookies more times than I can count. But sadly, none of the replications I have tried have come close to tasting like a “real” cookie. That is, until I made these double chocolate chunk cookies.
This recipe uses many healthy ingredients such as whole wheat flour and cocoa powder and a few unhealthy ingredients (I’m looking at the massive amount of chocolate chips I throw in). And the best part? This entire recipe is completely dairy free and vegan – and I PROMISE you won’t be able to tell. These cookies are huge, fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth decadent while not being overly rich. Next time your chocolate cravings come in heavy – PLEASE try this recipe!
Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Time: 20 minutes
When to eat it: Literally any time because chocolate
Perks: Tastes decadent while still packing a lot of nutrients
Makes: About 10-12 large cookies (or more/less, depending on how big you like them)
Sh*t You Need:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter OR coconut oil (I like to use Smart Balance)
- 1 cup brown sugar or other sweetener of choice
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips – as many as you want!
1. Mix together the brown sugar and butter/coconut oil. 2. Once combined, add in nondairy milk and vanilla extract to butter and sugar mixture. 3. In a separate bowl, mix together the whole wheat flour, cocoa powder and the baking powder and baking soda. 4. Once each mixture is stirred, add the dry mixture to the wet slowly until a thick dough forms. Gently fold in chocolate chips. 5. Roll dough into large balls and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. 6. Allow cookies to cool for about 10 minutes and enjoy!
Check Out These Articles Too